The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1648 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
08/17/06
Oh, oh, oh I loved this little story. It flows sooooo smoothly. The only teensy, tinsy thing I would like to have had was a teensy tinsy bit of a transition from the barn to the house. Could just be a row of astericks. Other than that, I was astounded and completly loved how this story flowed!!! I also liked the way you tied everything together at the end with that Psalms. I was also very glad things turned out like they did! Thank you for making me care about your characters!;)
08/17/06
Such a sweet and tender story. I loved the setting. You made each and every character so very real, flowing in and out of each situation with ease. Absolutely delightful ending and well written!
08/22/06
A lovely, vivid story - I could smell the cookies! My only tiny grouse is the very first sentence, which I think was (may I say?) a bit tired and cliched. I think you coud have started this lovely piece in a more atmospheric way! Very good, and I hope it does well.
08/22/06
Lovely! Wonderful description, and a very compelling story. Super job!
08/23/06
You've written a sweet and interesting story, here. You probably had to cut words for the limit, because the only thing that made me have to back-track reading were the apparent gaps in the progress of the day (ie, why was she peeling potatoes for supper at breakfast time?). You didn't miss anything essential to the storyline and the characters, however. Just practice thinking of ways to make transition in time from earlier to later. My favorite part was the brother-sister conversation over coffee in the evening, a good device for character development.