The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1477 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
08/18/06
I guess the valley is the foxhole? Interesting take on the power of prayer.
08/18/06
Engaging reading. I almost mentally called the private a coward, but looks like he was the hero afterall. Good writing.
08/19/06
Very interesting read.
Even though this was the Korean War, it had an end time feel to it, to me anyway, reminding me of Rev. 9:20,
“In number they are like the sand on the seashore. 9 They marched across the breadth of the earth and surrounded the camp of God's people, the city he loves. But fire came down from heaven and devoured them.”

Nice job. God Bless.
08/22/06
Well, this one certainly gave me goosebumps up the backs of my arms! A well-told story, indeed.
08/24/06
Kevin, congratulations. I think I commented earlier on this and I'm glad to see it was recognized. Very good job. God Bless.
08/24/06
Kevin, I am delighted to see your name and this story in the "top five" in Advanced. Congratulations!

Now, I have to check if I have added this to my favorites and you to my tracker list :) I'm keeping my eye on you!
Your story is great! Congratulations!
08/26/06
Due to circumstances beyond my control, I wasn't allowed to comment before this - but I wanted to say I think this is a fantastic read, a great write and an awesome story. Congratulations! God Bless.
10/16/06
Kevin, the circumstances beyond my control that I mention above - I was judging that week; So happy you placed! I evaluated you much higher...My favorite entry that week! God continue to Bless you.
Author's Note: For those of you wondering - I did deliberately leave the date of this story ambiguous.