The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 454 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
01/13/17
Thanks for this. You shared beautifully from your heart. May God bless you as you raise your daughters!

A nice entry. It's fresh, and should do well.

God bless - Trudy
01/14/17
Powerfully moving!
Thanks for sharing this lovely entry with us.
God bless~
01/16/17
I love how you ended with the fresh start of each new day. That is the reason my favorite verse is Lamentations 3:23 "They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness."
This is spot on for the topic. I liked the dual topic in that babies are a fresh start and as parents, thankfully we get many do over chances. I could totally relate to your MC. I often joked that my youngest would be great at whatever she did. She might choose to be a bank robber...but if she did, she'd be the best bank robber. Now after 23 years of days like you described, she's well on her way to being a great teacher. (Some days, I still haven't ruled out bank robber, though, even now. Teehee.) Congratulations on ranking 1st in your level and 18 overall. The highest rankings can be found on the message boards.
01/21/17
Hi Adrienne - Congratulations!

Nice job! Hope to follow you to Advance category soon.
01/21/17
My youngest daughter is the mother of twin girls and she has had many of the same feelings you expressed so eloquently. Your both great moms- don't be so hard on yourselves. I loved your authentic writing style. It was just like we were talking in my kitchen. Congratulations on your ranking & I can't wait to read more from you.
02/25/17
Adored your willingness to share your desire to be a good mom, inhabiting the reality of 'bad mom' land...Been there- still doing that with my adult children and now grandchildren. Thank God His mercy and grace are new every morning.
Great entry thank you and congratulations on your level win. Write on.