The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 516 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
01/14/16
Your story breaks my heart. It is so difficult to live with a child who is drug addicted. My neighbor still battles his alcoholism. It is a day-to-day or moment-to-moment struggle.

I am glad you go to a support group. Until he acknowledges his problem, there is not much that can be done except prayer. Not that prayer is not powerful.

His story also reminds me of Terri Blackstock's daughter who went from one rehab to another before finally becoming clean.

I am putting your family on my prayer list.
01/16/16
Thank you for sharing this painful story with us, so many families struggle with this horrific issue. Your words and pain is palpable.

In an attmept To bring you some semblance of comfort, a friend's daughter abused prescription drugs for years, along with alcohol...the mom kept the faith, though it was hard, and knew God was in full control. The daughter today is a VP in a government agency, and has been clean for 30 years.

I will pray for you and your family.

My heart and love go out to you.

Hold tight to His promises and love...

God bless~
01/18/16
Your story resonates with many of us. One of the hardest things to bear is to see our children live destructive lives.

A Pastor friend told me once, at a low point in my own life "the heart of the problem is the problem of the heart. Continue to pray that God will open the eyes of his heart and the light from Jesus will come flooding in."

Don't give up praying for peace for your self. The enemy loves nothing better than to take two lives down this road. Even though the situation may not change as quickly as we would like, one day you will feel peace in your heart and know that it is from God.






Congratulations on ranking 6th in your level! Happy Dance!