The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 581 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
03/12/15
Thank you for this great story along with a great message!

Well written and said.

God bless~
03/14/15
Two small bits of red ink. It's not necessary to have your title on the entry itself. It'll give you a few more precious words for your word count. A little bit of dialogue would make this story even more endearing.

Excellent message without being overwhelmingly "preachy." Thank you.
03/15/15
I love farm stories of yester-year. Thanks for sharing, and tying in the gospel at the end...well done.
I love this article very much! Anyone willing to borrow dad's truck to get butter for a cake is my kind person indeed!

Well written and you will likely win this week before the big send off to the Advanced level. I want to eat a piece of your chocolate poke cake!

God Bless!
03/16/15
Good message and interesting story to convey it! I can't believe you were cooking meals for your family at nine, how behind and spoiled I was...I was lucky to know how to make pizza and a few other things at the age of 16! Good for you and your parents!
:)
03/17/15
I was driving tractor at age 10. The first time I put it in gear and released the clutch, it jerked my father right off the tractor. I hated shifting.

Great story! I had to laugh as I pictured the two driving together. Nice ending with the lessen on hope. Blessings, LaVonne
I wondered how many other people knew about your adventure before now.

Interesting. It just sounds like kids trying to get something done.

This was just a very easy flowing story filled with suspense.
I thought it was an ingenuous plan but a little on the daring side.

Personal,life stories seem to come easy for you. They are enjoyable and easy to read.
03/17/15
A good narrative. Like a previous poster, I think a little conversation would help break it up a little.

Nice story, fun to read!
03/17/15
A fun read with a good message about hope. I can't imagine trying to drive with my brother at my feet. It made me smile. Thanks