The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 800 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
03/05/15
Wow -I could see why you would remember that story, thanks for sharing with us. I'm glad the Lord kept you safe.

God bless~
A wonderful article that was amusing and taught a good lesson in faith. I really enjoyed reading it very much.

I am sure this will be a top 5 article without a doubt!

God Bless!
03/09/15
What a wonderful example this man was... Your writing about it was a great choice as it is a perfect example of faith put into action. Thanks for a great read!
A very well written life story.

I could relate to the small towns. They tore our high school down the year I graduated and consoladated the area.

A good way to demonstrate faith in God and faith in someone else.
Incredible story. This is so real, so beautiful in the trusting . . .
03/12/15
I initially thought this was fiction. Totally amazed anyone would give an inexperienced person keys to a car. Maybe being a professional driver makes me cringe but I did enjoy the description of the drive and the feelings of those concerned.

One last thing was Lecouris his real name. I was totally expecting a different kind of story with this name
03/12/15
Congrats!

God Bless~
Congratulations on a well deserved 1st Place.
Thank you to all of you who left comments and congrats! You are all sincerely appreciated and treasured.
Just so you know...I know this sounds like fiction, but it truly is a real life happening.
I grew up on a farm where the doors were never locked, no gas was ever stolen from our own personal 150 gal tanks of gas and desiel, and the neighbors trusted their neighbors.
Mr Lecouris having been both my bus driver and the small school janitor (80 students in the entire rural school) was very well acquainted with all of my family and with me. We had learned to trust each other over the years.
I DID finally learn to drive a stick shift and grew up to not only drive my dad's grain trucks but also get my CDL and become a school bus driver. The first school bus I drove every day was a straight transmission.
I also learned to drive my ex husband's 1969 Chevy SS396 and could shift better than he could...but that is another story!
03/24/15
My first car had a stick shift. I drove a stick for 18 years. I could feel the jerking, bucking:) Good job, and congratulations on your win!