The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 617 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
07/20/13
Loved your article about horses. We bought our daughter her first horse some years ago. She has become an expert horsewoman over the years. Lovely, hobby - but extremely expensive. Thanks for sharing.
07/22/13
This is a unique approach to the topic, but you did it very well. You showed that what we expect is sometimes far from the reality of things. Good writing.
07/23/13
Love all of God's creatures, and horses are equisite animals. Thank you for this interesting and clever approach to the topic at hand. Great job.

God Bless~
I enjoyed this charming story. You did as nice job of showing me the horse's fear. I could easily picture it in my mind.

One thing you may want to consider is to start off with the conflict right away. Perhaps start with the horse's panic and then backtrack a bit about why you thought it would be like taking care of dogs. Since I didn't know who we was in the beginning, it took me awhile to get to know your characters. One way to fix it would be to say something Like: My husband and I traveled country roads looking for beautiful horses. That way the reader can connect a bit faster.

Overall you did a nice job though. I like how you sprinkled the topic throughout the story while still delivering a good message. Sometimes or maybe even most times in life, things don't turn out like we might expect, but you showed how to turn a mistake into something wonderful.
07/25/13
Congrats! God bless~
Congratulations on ranking 5 in level 3 and 31 overall! (The highest rankings can be found on the message boards.)