The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 873 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
This is a lovely testimony to a wonderful man. I could relate to the mom. My youngest is Daddy's girl and for a while I felt jealous until I realized that he showed her how a man should treat her and she won't accept anything less. It turns out being Daddy's girl is a huge blessing. Your story made me smile. You did a great job of building your characters. I think this piece will be cherished by family for years. Nice job.
06/01/13
I can relate to the part of "loving your daddy" - I too was "daddy's little girl" All of which you described, rushing into his arms, being held on his shoulders, brought back precious memories of my dad who departed this earth 14 years ago next month. I still miss him, but know he's with his Father in heaven, and one day we'll all be together.

I loved the part of your story with deliberately getting caught to have your dad come home! That made me smile...This was a beautiful and loving tribute to your wonderful dad, God bless him...enjoy him while you can.

And, of course, delight in the Lord as you have been.

Thank you for this beautiful and touching story.

God bless~

06/04/13
A whole lot of love shows in this one. You did a great job of describing your characters. I could actually "see" them. A good entry!
06/06/13
Congrats! God bless~
Congratulations for ranking 2nd in your level and 13 overall!! (The highest rankings can be found on the message boards)
I LOVE this! Congratulations