The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 974 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
12/23/10
A very touching story and one that many of your readers will recognize. Great job.
12/23/10
Psalm 34:18a The Lord is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart... so many people don't find a solution because they don't know God. Very good and very touching. God bless you in your writing for Him. Merry Christmas!
How many sit silent holding in hurts that should never be held in to fester and cause grief. You did an outstanding job with your story in portraying how married couples drift apart.Thank you for a very poignant story.
12/26/10
This is well written and so right on topic. Thanks for sharing. Merry Christmas
Good story. I was afraid that you would leave us hanging without any hint of closure, which, I'm sure, reflects reality far too often. Instead, you gave us hope.

Nice job. This was a well written piece.
12/27/10
a very well written and gripping piece. you describe so well the atmosphere and the unfolding of the story as the pages of the Good Housekeeping magazine are turned :-)
i am glad you ended with a glimmer of hope.
I think this deserves a place on the winners board..... but we have to wait a week or two to see if the judges agree with me
12/29/10
What a tender story! I could feel your MC's anguish. So happy that the husband's heart softened at the end and possibly opened the door for some healing communication. Keep writing!
This is absolutely beautiful. I feel like you have been peeking into my own windows. Thanks for the timely reminder that a marriage takes a lot work.
Shellie - congrats on your placing. Your MC's raw emotion was evident. Great job!
12/31/10
well done and they did agree!!