The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 733 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
This is great and such a realistic message about waiting. You presented this couple's union, also realistically. Beautifully done!

I liked it quite a bit. It was honest and you held nothing back. Good job.
03/21/10
Very well done, and a unique approach to the "wow" topic.

At times, the two women's dialog sounded slightly unnatural and stiff to me--not as relaxed and informal as two best friends would be. Why not check out the forums on this site for "Jan's Writing Basics"--there are lessons there on (among other things) writing dialog.

This would be a great discussion-starter for a youth group.
03/23/10
The two best friends here were pouring out their hearts in this very sensitive moment. You've conveyed James 5:16 to me, "Confess your faults one to another, and pray for one another, that ye may be healed." I admire Maddie for her honesty, and was willing to listen to her best friend. Lex's courage to stay pure before marriage is excellent 'godly example unto the believers'(1Ti.4:12). Her pure love for Maddie to meekly 'restore' her dear friend set the conversation between them so sweet and 'real'. (Gal.6:1).
Well done with your dialogue between the two. Good job!
God bless you.
03/24/10
Nice story, a few typos here and there, but overall writing good. Not sure about the title though.
Not bad, I like the ending, but I was kinda hoping for more background info with her friend--and how the cake got into her hair rather than her face. :) Good job with the message, it worked nicely.
03/24/10
You have a wonderful message delivered in this engaging story. Nice work!
Purity, what a message. I loved how she mentioned they were purposefully never alone together...so important in my opinion.

Right on topic, well done! One of my favorites for the week