The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1658 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
07/11/05
I was 3/4 of the way through before I clued in. Great description. It's healthy to retell the familiar, so that we don't become numbed to the message. Well done.
07/11/05
I liked this story. Good reader involvement so that I could envision the setting.
Nice way to re-tell an old story...I enjoyed it.
07/11/05
Awesome! This one deserves a win.
07/12/05
ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC! I agree, this is a winner! Great work!
07/13/05
I don't really know if it was the way you wrote this, or the actual message involved--but I actually had compassion for the creature (person) that you presented. Good writing. God bless ya,
littlelight
Absolutely beautiful! Thank you!
07/15/05
Very nice! :)
Your ability to build suspense kept me wondering for quite a while! This is a wonderful and graphic way to tell this familiar Biblical story. Very powerful. Good job!
07/17/05
Most creative! A great take on the subject of "beach" - certainly unexpected, and nicely developed.
Very creative peice. I liked the discriptions. I once wrote a story from the point of view of Legion's fictional son, so it was interesting to see the story from this perspective. Well written!
07/18/05
Very very good. Top 8 worthy. And you're in intermediate why? I'm sure we'll see you up a notch soon.
07/18/05
This is a really well-written story. I like the merging of the calming of the storm with the scene of the demoniac. Never thought of them going together (though of course they do in the Bible) or that maybe the demoniac SAW Jesus calm the storm, which is entirely possible. Thanks for presenting this story in a fresh way. (only what about the pigs?...)
07/19/05
JC, wonderful to see you back in the Challenge again, and congratulations on your 2nd place in the Level 2 awards and 5th place in the Editor's Choice. Well deserved on both counts. The way you ended this actually sent shivers up my spine. It was just beautiful. Again, well done! With love, Deb (Challenge Coordinator)
07/19/05
Oops ... should have also mentioned that with these wins behind you, it's time to move up to Level 3. Love, Deb