The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 725 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Wow. You showed what bitterness can do to a person. It is so sad that you never got to know your mother-in-law. However, I love your kind heart and your willingness to try and mend a relationship that never really seemed to get established in the first place. I also appreciate you showing a good side to your mother-in-law, even though many would only take time to look at the bad.

Thank you for sharing this. it was a blessing to read.
Ohhh, what a sad story, but I loved the ending. What a shame there was no reconciliation for the Mother-in-law before it was too late. How sad that she never got to hold her grandchild in person. It's so sad what pride can do to us.
Thankyou for sharing this. It was well written and I enjoyed it.
Oh my, what a sad, sad story and how easily the end could have been different if the mother-in-law had been kind enough to bend just a little. What a sad, amazing story. Kudos for having the courage to write it.
05/20/08
You chose the incidents to illustrate the adverse relationship very well. Well written and thoughtful.
05/21/08
"My crime, I married her son." Great line and so true for many daughter-in-laws thoughout history. I married a young lady from a differnt race. I had to set my Mother straight from the start -- that my wife comes first and foremost in human relationships.

Thanks, I enjoyed your writing!
05/21/08
An interesting take on "In-Laws"...and I thought the ending very creative. Quite a few words were left out here and there, but otherwise well done. I enjoyed the rather sad, but enlightening read.