The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1081 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
11/23/07
I enjoyed reading this. It holds the attention quite well.
Fun story with a lesson in botany and a message of faith! Well done.
11/24/07
Lovely - you did a wonderful job of characterization with the dialog. LOVED learning about this flower.
I enjoyed this very much. I enjoyed the humor of germinate not germs. Interesting to see the seed that was planted and what happened years later. Thanks for writing and sharing.
I enjoyed your unique approach to the topic. Very sweet story.
So engaging, thanks for the story.
11/26/07
Very cute story and I just love this little Jack.
Laury
11/28/07
Beautiful analogy. I loved it.
11/28/07
Great story! I really enjoyed this!
11/28/07
This was fun to read -- I loved learning about this special flower. And the twist ending was great.

I had a bit of a problem deciding how old Jack was at the beginning. Based on the dialogue, I kept picturing boys of various ages.

My favorite line in the whole story is: "Jack winked back with both eyes." That's really sweet. Nice job with the topic.
11/28/07
What a wonderful, creative, unique idea! I had to look up a picture of a jack-in-the-pulpit, and I've learned something very interesting today!
In this very creative story, I loved the spiritual implications you taught through the flower, and I loved your little boy character--winking with both eyes. I remember my children doing that!
11/29/07
This is darling and creative! You really thought "outside the box" here. JK. :) Great job!
I agree with what everyone has said so far. This is just so endearing.
11/29/07
Yes, my favorite word picture is little Jack winking back with both eyes! I can just picture that so clearly. This is a darling story, and it made me smile the whole way through. I love the creativity to the topic, and the many wonderful descriptions. Love the ending, too. It's one of my favorites so far!