The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1313 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
10/25/07
Wow - I hope this is a true story! What an amazing testimony.

Your sentences were a little choppy, and I would have liked a bit more "showing" and a bit less "telling," but I was absolutely engrossed from beginning to end!
10/25/07

I enjoyed your story. God surely moves in a mysterious way.

10/26/07
I love the baptism by sprinking! What a cool touch!

You have some run-on sentences with comma splices, and also some sentence fragments. With a bit of editing, this will be a very strong piece.
10/27/07
Great story. I agree with the suggestions the others made.
10/28/07
A very interesting read about two real life heroes that many of us in this generation have not heard of.
10/28/07
Excellent! I hope this places. This story had it all, remission, redemption, salvation, baptism and forgiveness. What more could you ask for? Excellent job, and keep writing.
10/30/07
This was extremely moving and well done. Great story!
11/02/07
Congratulations, Clyde. Your entry placed seventh in Level 2. The Top 15 in each Level and the Top 40 Overall Lists are posted each week in the Weekly Results and Highest Rankings Forum of the Faithwriters Message Boards.
04/28/08
This is a touching story from out of history that deserves to be heard by new generations. I loved that he literally received his baptism directly from God, and the full-circle the Lord made of his life as missionary to former enemies.