The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 904 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Thank God for the Matthew's of this world. Casey's pain was so vividly portrayed. I hurt for her. God job.
06/15/07
This well-written story portrays such a sad and frustrating situation! Unfortunately, it happens all too often, and my heart goes out to the many "Caseys" in this world! I am especially troubled that this form of subtle and maybe unconscious "shunning" goes on in our churches. I do believe if more teens were made aware through stories such as this of how they're hurting others with their cliques, some of them would be stirred to include "outsiders." Thank you for addressing this important subject! Great writing! :)
06/16/07
Your characterization is extremely strong - I feel like I knew everyone in this story intimately. That is VERY hard to do in 750 words! Great message, too - that I know will resonate with teens.
Oh! This was so compelling to me. My heart goes out to young people who can't find their way. I loved Matt. He's my kinda young man. A winner here, I think.
Nice job! I love a happy ending!
This is a good story line. You should develop it. I think is is something our youth would relate to very much.
Oh, I really liked this story. You did a great job showing the power of acceptance and friendship...
07/15/07
This was great! I loved the realness of the characters, the dialogue and the happy ending was refreshing. It can happen thankfully and we need to pray for God to use us as vessels of acceptance and love more often!