The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 874 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
A very touching story with vivid descriptions.
You really took the reader through the pain of being alone at Christmas after so many years and yet I sensed the character's heart and when she held the baby, I knew she would make it because she knew whom to ask for grace and my heart melted as she ran back for it.
Very sad account of a lonely holiday. I sensed her pain. The story, though dark in mood, ended with a ray of light that would, no doubt, bring healing.

I loved the imagery of her running out the door, heading home, home where love, warmth and safety can be found. Very nicely done.
05/05/05
So touching...... I can't believe the grown-up children left the mother alone for Christmas though! Not a criticism - just a reaction. Thank God (literally) for the sister. And how lovely that she recognized where the source of the comfort (in addition to the sister) came from. Lovely article.
05/05/05
A moving combination of helplessness and hope. Beautiful idea
05/06/05
great predentation. loved the way all the decorations were left behind and all you wanted to take was the baby Jesus. If only we could all approach the season, even if in pain, with such prioities. You are a gifted writer and your story was a precios gift [pain and all] to th reader.