The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1303 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
08/05/06
Oooooh! I just loved it! Great story and so true! They all sounded like my mom. Once, a friend of my aunt's (they both work together) asked my mom what she did for a living. "I'm a stay-at-home mom." "Oh, so you don't have a real job?" My mom smiled oh-so-sweetly. "No, I stay at home and eat bon-bons and watch soap operas all day." I was like, "WHATEVER!"
08/07/06
I absolutely want to be part of this group--that dessert sounds awesome! Good job with the believable dialog, and with making an important point in an entertaining and realistic way.
Great piece...happen to have been talking about the very same same thing with a number of people recently! Excellent dialogue and good pacing.
08/07/06
Delightful with a great message mixed in and baked to perfection.
08/07/06
Lovely writing, lively dialogue and a good message. Well done.
08/07/06
You do an EXCELLENT job of capturing the natural dialogue among all these women - it sounds perfectly natural. Great message, too - and I love how you ended it!
08/07/06
I loved it! I'm with Jan. Do you think you could work the recipe for the cake into your entry for "vision?" You know... "While visions of hot molten lava cake danced through their heads." Or something like that.
Great story, great dialogue. An enjoyable read.
08/08/06
I agree with the other comments, this read very natural. I felt like I was in the kitchen. Lovely dialog. Great job.
I love this line; I always tell them that being a mom is one of the hardest jobs they’ll ever love. So true. Delightful read.
08/09/06
Love it -and want the recipe!!! :)