The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 190 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
You write well and have a good message. I couldn't see anything that could improve your writing :)
You do an excellent job of sifting through Scripture and finding verses that emphasize the topic. This is great for a Bible study, but it is about 90% direct quotes from the Bible. I'd love to see you focus on just one or two verses and expand on what it means to you or how God used those words to help you or someone else through a difficult time. It's great to read the verses, but I feel if you explained them more or gave examples it would help me understand in a way I might not otherwise. I can feel your passion to spread the Word of God and you definitely know the Bible well.
08/03/21
Yes we are definitely in a battle with our own flesh, the world system, and the enemy.
You used a lot of great verses to demonstrate how needy we trurly are.

Some specific real life personal examples may have given your entry an intimate warm invitation into the Redeemer's arms rather than the Refiner's fire.

We need both, but in this day and age my preference is to be wooed into the Redeemer's embrace. I'm kinda burned to a crisp.