The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 348 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
I loved reading this. You turned sadness into joy and showed us how we can learn from experience and help our children to grow up in a more open world. This really blessed me.
Short and sweet. Thanks for sharing your heart. I loved this also. Keep writing.
05/24/19
I loved your line " A dream without hope is a story without any ending, a continual taunt." Well said! Your thoughts about a lock on the diary are thought-provoking and really make sense. I don't know about reading your daughter's diary, though it worked out for you to help her. I did not write out my deep thoughts and feelings because I knew my mom would snoop and expose and belittle me I hope you had a special level of trust with one another over that.
05/27/19
I really like the image of a lock on the diary being one that keeps the dark secrets hidden. Keeping a journal can be a healing process but we are not created to face them alone.
Sorry that your childhood diary was not a good experience for you.
05/27/19
Thanks for being vulnerable. I'm glad Jesus helped you find the desire to journal again. But it's also okay to write about those ugly things that have happened to us too...it's really therapuetic. Thanks for sharing.
Congratulations on ranking 2nd in your level and 19th overall. The highest rankings can be found on the message boards.