The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 403 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
12/06/18
You conveyed so well the heartache of losing a loved one before they actually leave this world. Many of us can relate to what you have shared.
I would like to see this printed in a mental health magazine.

Many more people would get to read and benefit from your words.

Your painful experience will benefit many.
12/07/18
Beautifully written! My mother and father are both 77 years old and still living alone. My family and I are learning how to best care for them as they age. You story has blessed me in many ways.
Larry, I too would love to see this printed in places that could reach more people. I feel I could help others understand and cope better, for those going through this heartbreaking issue. I have many more stories on this subject that need to be told. The most important thing we must learn is to laugh with them when you can, because there are so many more times you'll cry. Create the good memories in these tough times because you'll cherish them when they are gone! God Bless all who have parents with dementia.
This is a powerful article. You pulled me in right away. Your description tugged at my heart. My only red ink is crocodile tears are usually fake crying, but I sensed this woman was truly distressed. You did a fine job of pulling the topic in at the end while delivering a message many need to hear and understand. You touched my heart.