Previous Challenge Entry (Level 2 – Intermediate)
Topic: FRAGILE (02/23/17)
- TITLE: Riddle me this!
By Karen Lucille Gross
LEAVE COMMENT ON ARTICLE
SEND A PRIVATE COMMENT
ADD TO MY FAVORITES
1. Designed for strength and durability, yet once constructed this object is made of one of the most fragile materials in the world.
2. It offers protection, but is itself in need of constant protection.
3. It can only be produced by living creatures, out of organic building blocks, but it is not a living creature. It does not grow, consume, reproduce, or die.
4. Although rarely consumed by humans, it has been and continues to be one of the most sought after food sources for both human and nonhuman species. Today it remains a staple on the shopping list of almost every household in every country where grocery stores or food markets exist.
5. It is one of the most perishable items in the world, and must be maintained at optimum temperatures. When first produced, it must be kept warm. When purchased, it must be kept cold until it is used.
6. Due to its inherently fragile nature, it is one of the most carefully packaged items purchased. Once purchased, it must be carefully transported home from the market, and then safely stored until needed. Then it is cracked open, and its contents can be used in an amazing variety of dishes.
7. When its mission as a protector is complete, this item is tossed away. It will break down as designed, with or without human intervention. Its components will be recycled as part of the cycle of life, although this item itself is not alive.
If you guessed: an egg, terribly sorry, but that is incorrect! Or, at least partially wrong. As mentioned in the third and seventh clues, it is not alive. The contents of an egg are alive.
The correct answer: an eggshell. Thank you, faith writers, for playing along.
The opinions expressed by authors may not necessarily reflect the opinion of FaithWriters.com.
If you died today, are you absolutely certain that you would go to heaven? You can be right now. CLICK HERE
JOIN US at FaithWriters for Free. Grow as a Writer and Spread the Gospel.