The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 506 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Oh, wow! What a cool ending! Not what I expected. :) I'm not seeing the topic clearly, and I had to concentrate to keep track of who the characters were and who was talking at times, but your story caught me up and made me keep reading. <3
11/16/15
LOVED the ending twist but wish you would have drawn out the husband's death a tad bit more.

Still, this was an awesome but sad/happy story though I'm not sure of how the topic applied.

I enjoyed it anyway.
11/18/15
Enjoyed the story. Following the story was a tad difficult at times, but overall was well written and interesting.
11/18/15
Well-written, with very good pacing and good writing mechanics. It was a pleasure to read this one.

A few suggestions: I felt that the introduction was a bit too long. Since the overall mood is breathless rushing, you might want to plunge your reader into that a bit sooner.

I also wish that you hadn't given away the "twist" with your title.

There was perhaps one too many scene changes for such a short story, which may slightly disorient your reader--and the twins' names (after their grandfather) made this slightly confusing, also. If you re-write, consider changing their names and eliminating the asterisks in favor of transitional phrases, to get rid of a slight jumpiness.

Those are minor criticisms; this is a fine piece of writing.
11/19/15
You see? What was dense to me was obvious to the judges!

Congratulations! A well-deserved win!
Congratulations on ranking 1st in your level and 23 overall! The highest rankings can be found on the message boards.