Previous Challenge Entry (Level 2 – Intermediate)
Topic: STAND UP FOR JESUS (don't write about the song) (04/09/15)
- TITLE: Take A Stand For What You Believe
By LaVonne Wood
LEAVE COMMENT ON ARTICLE
SEND A PRIVATE COMMENT
ADD TO MY FAVORITES
Later in the week, I was talking to my sister about a situation in her hometown. She told me about a small business that employed mostly Christian workers. Some of those workers expressed concern to her that the boss had recently hired a worker who was heavily involved in making contacts with the dead. They said her whole family was having dreams and conversations with dead relatives. My sister sensed that these Christians were fearful of the new employee. She then asked them, “Why are you afraid? You are the ones who have the power of the Holy Spirit. Get busy and pray for this new girl. Help her and her family to be free from the bonds of Satan. Use the power God has given you to come against this attack from the demonic.”
The third incident happened just today at my place of work. A Christian friend of mine asked if I had seen an advertisement in our hometown newspaper.
“No I haven’t,” I said.
She then showed me a picture of some half-naked girls in an ad about an upcoming event at a local café.
“They have just lost my business,” I said in disgust.
“They have not only lost my patronage, but I am cancelling my subscription to the paper as well,” she angrily protested.
I believe there are opportunities almost every day where we can make a stand for what we believe if we will just have the courage to do so. Following is a short list of how we can make our voices heard:
1) Stay away from all forms of demonic activity. Do not watch, or let your children watch, any movies, TV programs, or forms of media that embrace magic, horoscopes, witchcraft, séances, or the like. Let people know why you refrain from those things.
2) Stand up for morale values by refusing involvement with immoral activities. Speak your objections to friends, co-workers and family members whom you see involved in sinful acts such as stealing, lying, adultery, and others.
3) Refuse to let your children play games with any forms of sinful activity such as killing, profanity, or immoral acts. Let them know why they shouldn’t play those games.
4) Elect government officials that proclaim moral values in line with the word of God. Study the candidates; support, and encourage Godly men and women to fill government positions. Vote according to morale values and laws that uphold those values.
5) Don’t back down in the face of a demonic attack. By the power of the Holy Spirit, you can defeat Satan and all his demons. Pray for those who may be possessed and take authority over evil.
6) Join others in fighting for our right to speak freely about our faith in Christ, about our right to erect symbols of our faith, and for our right to refuse to perform services that are contrary to our moral beliefs.
I am sure there are many more ways that you can think of to take a stand for Jesus. You never know how much you can affect the lives of those around you by speaking what you believe. For example, the gal I mentioned earlier who was reading horoscopes probably had no idea they could cause her any harm. Just making her aware of its subtle enticement, might save her from future problems.
Standing up for what we believe according to the word of God may just help another be aware of the importance of taking a stand as well. Speak up about your faith in Christ. Make your stand and don’t back down!
The opinions expressed by authors may not necessarily reflect the opinion of FaithWriters.com.
If you died today, are you absolutely certain that you would go to heaven? You can be right now. CLICK HERE
JOIN US at FaithWriters for Free. Grow as a Writer and Spread the Gospel.