The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 716 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
02/21/14
Brilliant. Absolutely brilliant. I hope this does well with the judges.
02/23/14
Excellent work both in your words and in your actions. Amen.

Perfect summary of the Psalm verse that fits the topic perfectly.

God bless you abundantly~
This is a powerful story and I applaud you for sharing it. My heart ached for the mother. It has to be so incredibly hard to see your child doing something so destructive.

You may want to consider using dialog to help develop your characters a bit more so the reader feels like she is right there. Example: "Son, you have a serious drinking problem. You have to stop."
I turned away, disgust filled me as I heard Mom sniffle. "How many times do I have to tell you that I don't have a problem? Stop nagging me."
Though it isn't perfect I hope it shows you what I mean my allowing the dialog to show the emotions and personality of your characters. Dialog is an excellent tool for both fiction and nonfiction.

Your ending was great. You showed the reality of the situation. Turning to God isn't an instant cure, but he does give each one of us the strength to handle anything before us. This is a powerful testimony and you have encouraged me with your words. Great job.
02/26/14
This is such a powerful testimony! Thanks for sharing.
02/27/14
Congratulations!

God bless~
Wow what a testimony. I was there as well so could identify so with your story. Congratulations on your placing. Well done.
To God be the glory great things He has done.
02/27/14
Congratulations on your well deserved win! As a recovering alcoholic of twenty five years now, I can relate to your story. In my case I hit a telephone pole with a transformer and phone box on it. The next year I stopped drinking.

Great writing here.
Congratulations on ranking 2 in your level and 28 overall! The highest rankings can be found on the message boards.