The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1554 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
I fully enjoyed this. Sometimes a piece like this can come across as too preachy, but I didn't feel that way at all. I could feel your love for Jesus and the desire to share that with others ooze off the screen. (In a good way of course.:))

The only red ink I might offer is to avoid lines like this: Did you ever play Monopoly? I used to love that game,
It could make it feel more intimate, but since I can't answer you, I think I could relate more if you just started out with something like: I became obsessed with playing games like Monopoly. That's just my opinion though.

I think you have a delightful, subtle sense of humor and you had me smiling, chuckling, and nodding as I read this. I love the title too. It creates such a perfect picture. You did a wonderful job with this difficult topic.
Oh I also meant to mention how much I enjoyed the opener, "I exist." Simple, yet eloquent and immediately drew me in, curious to see what else you would say, considering how you powerfully executed those two simple words. :)
07/26/13
How interesting and as someone else said, your opening is amazing. I had to read on and you didn't disappoint me. Thanks for sharing this well written entry.
07/29/13
What a wonderful testimony to your beautiful faith in God. Your life sounds similar to mine. This excellent piece gave me a warm feeling. Your humor is delightful and I love your style of writing.
07/31/13
You have a wonderful perspective about what 'church' is supposed to be. We are His church and your testimony reinforces that, thank you.
08/01/13
Your opening drew me in. Your story line about depression and seeing the dis-functional parts about the organized church kept my attention.

I am so happy for the way you shared of your thoughts both in those times and in the triumph of coming to clear understanding about God's value of you and His church.