The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1395 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
03/08/12
Hahahahahahahahahaha...Awwww.I laughed and yet ached for the "little trombone" player at the same time. I wanted to go and sit near her and hug her tightly.

This was so well written! I loved it. I felt as if I was in the MC's shoes, and my heart was thumping along with hers keeping pace with John Phillip Sousa!

Excellent job with this. This will hit the "right notes" with everyone, including the judges! I loved it!

God bless you~
Hilarious!! Both of my kids were band kids and I've witnessed many goofs over the years. I could picture it perfectly. Great descriptions and setting the scene. Great job.
What a marvelous entry. I loved this so much. I could just about feel the MC's panic and pain. Thank you for sharing and God bless.
You have such a way with words. Having marched in a few parades myself I could empathize with the MC. Although my problem wasn't losing part of my instrument since I was in the color guard, I had a terrible time keeping in step. I could feel the sun beating down on me as I read this. I'm sure you will remember for the rest of your life. I'm betting some of the spectators on that fateful day may remember it every now and then too. (I'm not laughing at you but with you. REALLY!) Truly a predicament. Great job.
I really enjoyed your parade story. I could see it all as it happened---and that's good story telling.
03/14/12
What a predicament indeed! Yet isn't it wonderful how we can laugh at our mistakes years later?

Great job with this story!
03/15/12
Congratulations! First place AND an EC! Looks like some good came out of your adventurous parade march after all. ;)
03/15/12
Congratulations and welcome to Level 3!
03/15/12
Give the little lady a round of applause! Great story!
03/15/12
Dannie!!!!!!!!

Wow - I told you from the moment I read your very first entry that you would be in the Master category before Summer begins!

Your work is nothing short of brilliant and so worthy of these consecutive wins!

Amazing job...amazing writer, and an amazing woman.

Congratulations for a well deserved first place and your EC win! I am so happy for you.

God Bless you,

Camille~
Happy Dance! EC! Congratulations you will be in Master's soon
03/15/12
Oh what a predicament!
What a nice job on this winner! Congratulations.
03/18/12
You did a good job of paining a picture in the reader's mind, which is, I guess, what good writing is all about. Good job.
Dannie, I am so glad I went back and read this story. Absolutely Brilliant as evidenced by your well earned WIN!!