The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1060 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
09/20/07
I feel as though I have come upon my own beach glass! This is beautifully written - the flow is smooth and the ending a delight! You painted a picture of calmness and hope and sweet memories. Excellent writing! I hope more people stumble upon this!
09/20/07
I loved this! Your writing evoked such a strong sense of presence--I could taste childhood again, and feel the sand. The second part threw me for a moment, but I really liked the parallel after I got back in sync. Beautiful analogy without being too obvious.
This is superb writing. The descriptionas are lovely. I felt as if I was there. Might be a bit short on topic, but otherwise, this is practically flawless. Big thumbs up.
09/22/07
What great writing! I enjoyed reading it.
Laury
This one of my favorites this week. I love the line, "I close my eyes to see more clearly." Beautiful writing.
09/23/07
Well done. Very visual through out. Reminded me of a poem entitled "Beach Glass." Glad to have you in the puppy pen.
09/24/07
I love the visuals and smells (Coppertone!) in this piece. I got caught up in the description about finding the beach glass - then the analogy was such a blessing. Fantastic!
This calmed me as i read it. Such detail, I'd love to spend a day like this. Thanks!
09/25/07
Wow. This is beautiful. What awesome word pictures you create. This is master level work, IMHO. Absolutely breath-taking.
09/25/07
Marvelous imagery. A truly enjoyable read. Loved the ending and our Lord's care in gathering us to Himself. Blessings to you~
09/27/07
Sounds like one of Michigan's lakes. Very good imagery.
09/27/07
Congratulations on your highly commended. This is one of my very favorite pieces -- at any level.
09/28/07
Congratulations, Kimberly. In addition to your highly commended in Level 2, you entry has placed 38th overall. The Lists for the Top 15 in each Level and the Top 40 overall are available in the Weekly Results and Highest Rankings forum of our Faithwriters Message Boards.