The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1103 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
04/12/07
I loved this story! The characters really came alive for me--especially the colorfully contrasting researcher couple and the mystery of the wife's strange behavior.

The title really grabbed me.
Great dialogue, too! Would like to see this story opening with it.

Wonderfully vivid descriptions! My favorite phrase: "a seaweed seeking the protection of the rock." A completely original way of bringing both characters to life!

Surprise ending too (my own first assumption was that the wife might have mild autism). A deeply moving story!
This is a very touching story! It gave me chills. I wonder how many others are out there, hiding in the shadows? How many children in our country are locked away and forbidden to play, not because of fear of government but because of abuse. Thank you for your story.
04/13/07
Your title is so appropriate to your story, and your characterization of Judy is very well-done. Thank you for writing a piece in remembrance of her and of the many others like her who were forced to live--and sometimes die--in the shadows.
The end gave me chills. A winner in my book. Great job!
Gripping. Compelling. I enjoyed it!
Well written story.
04/17/07
Everything about this is very compelling, but I was especially taken by the framing of the excellent title and the author's note at the end, bringing the piece out of fiction and into reality.
04/17/07
Very well crafted story and dialogue that captured my imagination and held it until the end. Congratulations on a job well done. Blessings~
04/18/07
Just fascinating - and the perfect title. Wonderfully told mystery.