The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 420 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
I enjoyed this. I think you did a great job of writing on topic. I could emphasize with the MC right away.

I've just a few little things I noticed. In the first line it should be It's not its. I also noticed some of it could be tightened a bit. For example, I might edit it like this: Oh man, I'm exhausted. Working a seven-day week soaks up valuable time and energy, which I could use to accomplish other things. I can feel my stress build up inside me. As I look at my weekly calendar and the never-ending honey-do list, I’m numb. Everything on my list is essential, but man, I need a break! Closing my eyes, I yawn as I picture my bed. Ah, sleep. I yearn for it, but there just doesn't seem to be enough time to rest peacefully.

That's just a quick example to show you what I mean. In the next paragraph, I might leave out the first line. Instead by using descriptive verbs, body language and thoughts, you can show the reader that Annoy just entered, so you don't need to tell.

I think you did a nice job with the inner dialog. The message is great and one we really need to hear today. I enjoyed your ending. I think you summed it all up nicely. I truly enjoyed this read.
Your piece is very insightful and well-written. You seem to have gotten the gist of annoyance down to a science: being self-centered. Please keep at writing, for you definitely have something to contribute to others through your writing. If I were you, I would enter in the intermediate category the next time you enter the contest. You certainly don't come off as a beginner in that you write so well. One thing, though: pay attention to punctuation--which is the mark of an accomplished author. Keep up the good work, and remember: God is working through you.
04/13/18
Very well written. You make a lot of good points about what causes annoyance and how to deal with it, and I like the way you summed it all up at the end.
04/13/18
You covered the most common ways we get annoyed.
Just life alone brings its own set of 'things'.

Just wondering if you have ever thought about taking a "sabbath rest"? 1 day out of the week and one weekend every 7-8 weeks?

Scripture is full of people who just focus on work on things that bring them acclaim like Martha or the Pharisees.

Content was good and I enjoyed reading it too.



Yes, we all need these kinds of times and use them to grow during them.

Maybe the worst kind of annoyances are writer's block. Maybe it is God blocking our thoughts wanting us to take time out for him and thank him for all he has done for us and even will do for us even if we don't get a story finished.

Nice work. Keep it up.
Yes, we all need these kinds of times and use them to grow during them.

Maybe the worst kind of annoyances are writer's block. Maybe it is God blocking our thoughts wanting us to take time out for him and thank him for all he has done for us and even will do for us even if we don't get a story finished.

Nice work. Keep it up.
04/16/18
Well done. Nice job with the topic.

Blessings~
I certainly can identify with this.