The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 404 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
03/19/15
A powerful piece that offers connections to the verse and you present it with unction and love. Well done.


God bless~
I definitely agree. You did a wonderful job of punching up the culture's warped view of love today in a short entry.
Great job! :)
Rosey
I commend your courage to speak your mind and share your POV. You definitely make many valid points. It is easy to just want to do what we desire, but God has given us guidelines to protect us. Just as a parent looks after her child, God is doing the same for us, but on a much larger scale that is difficult to even imagine. I'll admit I stumbled a bit over your opening line. It felt a bit harsh to me at first. Perhaps, showing instead of telling might have helped me understand what you were saying right away. For example, you might be able to show it with something like this: I winced when I read those words. What's wrong with my heart? I crinkled my brow as I puzzled over the meaning.
Doing something like that creates a vivid picture for the reader while setting the scene for your message. I definitely like some of the things you pointed out and think your piece will make people stop and think, which is always a good thing. You did a nice job of presenting your POV with this difficult topic.