The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 782 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
This is a cute story. You did a nice job of developing the characters. I liked your dialog. It felt real and moved the story along.

One thing you may want to consider is to do more showing than telling. One way to do that would be to use narrative lines instead of taglines. For example: "You don't walk the dog every day, so how can you care for another animal too?" Her mom raised her right eyebrow, jetted out her chin as she glared at her daughter.
Instead of using the tagline, she asked, I tried to create a picture for the reader while also showing her personality and identifying the speaker.

This is a great idea for a kids' story. Though the mother was a good role model, she didn't solve the problem for the kid. That's a great attribute for a children's story. It's great that the daughter knew on her own to pray and walk the dog. I don't think a kid would use the word sloth, and you don't need the topic word in the story for it to be considered on topic. I think you nailed the topic and really showed the reader not only the sin itself, but the real consequences of committing that sin. Great job.
Just change a few names and this story could be any number of families. I might hope that each might learn a lesson.

If prayer hadn't been taught in this family, the lesson may not have been learned.

A nice story with just enough descriptive words to keep it moving.