The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 342 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
A good family story.

I found one missing word:"I can still (hear) him yelling".

I liked the family history/traditions in the story. Good job.
08/17/14
I loved this story and appreciated the "Italian" heritage and family setting. Great job with this. The couple sounded like they were a fun loving couple who embraced life and enjoyed every moment.

God bless~
08/17/14
This was a great story. I think we all can point back to some couple from our childhood that represented the roles of husband and wife the way God intended it.

I loved the emphasis your family had on meal time together. This something my wife started doing more of recently, and i has helped us grow with one another.

God bless your family and you for carrying on the gift of giving they passed on you! Great job!
08/21/14
This story is as warm as the freshly made breads from the bakery. All my senses were present throughout reading.

I would just advice that you double-check for grammatical errors. Also, the paragraph below needs a little bit of re-wording to be more clear in meaning...

"I can see the table occupied by butter, basil, tomatoes, and a pot of the strongest coffee ever. Some of them (Who or what exactly is some of them?)getting ready to harmonize with the next batch of bread. All of these sights and smells are attacking me all at once and they are all wonderful. But the most wonderful sight of all was standing right in the middle of all of this (This last sentence is kind of redundant; the MC is seeing everything at once, and everything is wonderful. Rewording it could make the sentence more effective.)"

Overall, a very welcoming piece. I can just imagine it brings back a lot of happy memories for you. Keep writing.