The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 566 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
10/18/13
There's a lot of great action in this story.

I'm a bit confused. Did she decide to run back to the farm? You have her running away, but then you have her running TO the farm, and you don't mention that she turned around. I was also a bit confused about the job she lost. You didn't mention a job earlier.

This entry has a LOT of potential, if you add a few more details. You also did a great job of illustrating why we shouldn't blindly follow people. Nice job.
I was lost a little where the people were running from something but they then came to a field that had burned. Had they stopped running and then gone back home to where the field was?

Your English is pretty good. Be careful with the sound alike words like "new" and "knew". The computer spell checker will not catch these mistakes.

Interesting story to depict the phrase of the week.
10/20/13
I think I understand where you are coming from -though you must remember we have only the words on the screen, not the whole picture you had in your head as you wrote. I am so guilty of doing that myself. Love your heart that is revealed throughout.
10/21/13
This was an interesting approach to the topic at hand. It was different, and had me pondering, so that's always a good thing.

What I got from this story was, that we are to "listen to the Shepherd's voice" and not adhere/follow man. When we lose the ability to HEAR GOD, we are running/heading into trouble with "wordly" things, which will have consequences. THat's what I felt from the story.

What helps me when writing, I read it out loud. Then read it again...usually by that time, I'll either change something, or if it feels and sounds right, I'll leave it.

Good ideas flowing from your content. Keep it up.

God bless~
This is an interesting story. You took me in a direction I wasn't expecting, which is good.

Be careful of little things like extraordinary is one word. Also remember to start a new paragraph each time someone different speaks. You had an exciting middle part, you may want to consider starting with something that grabs the reader right away.

You did a nice job of writing on topic. This reminds me of an old folk tale. You did a nice job of building the suspense while delivering a good message.