The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1163 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
02/09/12
Wow, right on target for this week! Nicely done.
This is a delightful story. You have so many hidden messages in it. I love it when one piece can say several different things to each reader.

I noticed a few glitches with punctuation, sometimes the period or exclamation point was after the end quote. There were also an occasional spacing error. You committed my biggest pet peeve by saying,...dinner for my husband and I (it should be me because you wouldn't say for I). If this had been part of the dialog, I wouldn't have mentioned it because, unfortunately, people make that mistake often.

I do think you did a wonderful job writing on topic in a fresh way. The ending was sweet and the beginning set up potential conflict right away. Nice job.
02/11/12
I truly enjoyed this story...The story began immediately, and set the tone for the entire entry. Great wind up. Nicely done. God Bless~
Thank God that you agreed to let her host it for one year otherwise what a mess of things you could have made. You are right, you'll never forget that year. You will be able to tell grandchildren for years to come too.
Well done.