The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 815 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
This is a touching story. You did a great job describing Iggy. Oriole have loved it if there was more dialog from Iggy. She's such an interesting character I wanted to know more about her. Great job.
12/10/10
Very well done. Held my interest to the end.
12/10/10
I admire how you have combined the chills - of your setting; of the MC's mindset; of the message on the sign; of the coldness of the clinic - and then invited us into hope as you bring us to the close. Excellent work.
12/12/10
some great descriptive prose here and i really enjoyed the pictures you painted of the characters and the setting.
12/13/10
LOVE your descriptions of the surroundings and the thoughts swirling through Iggy's head. And how amazing that God sent someone to help her at the last minute! He is so great like that.

I like how you described the Christian woman's gentleness and compassion, and how she had been through the same situation. I think nothing resonates with someone more than when they can relate to us, when we are not so far above them, but only showing them how God brought us out of a rough place where they find themselves.

Awesomely done!