The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1127 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
09/19/05
This is sweet and funny. My only suggestion is to edit "...ceramic top that reminds you of the colors of Fall..." to lose the "you". Very well done!
09/20/05
this was very nice, and it held my interest all the way (try level 2 next time!), but for me, I would like to see a spiritual component to the story because this is Faithwriters.com
09/21/05
I love to go traveling as well. But, like you said, there's no place like home. Nice take on the topic.
09/24/05
Very cute! I like the imaginary adventure thrown in :)
09/26/05
Paul, I am definitely watching you each week in the Challenge. I like your style and your sense of humor. I see a lot of potential. With a few tweaks and a bit of polish, I think you'll do very well.

With the comment someone made about writing from a more "faith" type angle, that isn't a requirement of the challenge. Entries have to be from a Christian point of view, but they don't have to mention anything to do with God at all. They just can't have the "hero" doing or getting away with anything that goes against Christian belief. Your relationship with your wife fell quite well within the guidelines.

Also, don't feel pressured to move up a level because someone suggests it - unless that someone is me. You can move up whenever you feel ready, but basically, if you are a relatively new writer and haven't placed yet, then you deserve your time to shine on Level 1. Being on Level 1 doesn't have any bearing on whether you win in the Editors' Choice or not - that's open for all. So why move up where the Level Champion competion is stronger, if you don't have to.

Anyway Paul, as I said, I definitely keeping an eye out for you in the Challenge each week. Keep honing your work and I'll keep cheering you on. With love, Deb (Challenge Coordinator)
10/19/05
Nice style. I found your stuff through reviewing Yolanda's. You're good... a little too good (heh-heh). Can't wait to see what you have instore for the fruit challenge.
09/30/06
Marilyn Schnepp "introduced" me to you and your writing, and I have to say I am certainly glad she did. This is so delightful. I especially like the "international spy" paragraph that one could wish you'd spin off into a tale all its own. Now, I'll have to be watching you, too!