The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 756 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
03/11/10
I liked your take on this story, but felt that perhaps you used Humph a few too many times. Nonetheless, it was a good story.
I loved this! And I am being greatly mininstered to by these kinds of stories. Stories, I have either forgotten or didn't have a full grasp of their meaning in the first place. This was a truly good job! Well Done.
03/13/10
I particularly liked this part:
She dared not be greedy and ask the Lord for a child to keep all her life. All Hannah sought was a brief loan for a time – to grasp those tiny hands and feet, to feel that warmth on her bosom, to hear a soft voice whispering “mama”. Just for a short time.
03/13/10
Excellent narrative. I get the feeling you could do this well with every major lesson of the Old Testament. You captured the deep anguish of Hannah and the subtleties of hatred from her tormentor. Good work.
I really enjoyed this!
03/16/10
There were a few lines that I especially liked, but this one literally gave me goosebumps:

"And the Lord of hosts – the God who created the Heavens and the Earth, the God who opened the Red Sea and led the Israelites into freedom, the God who is worthy of worship from all creations…heard her prayers. "

It just brought together the little things of our lives which seem so big to us (Hmmph) with the REALLY big thing and the real connection through God.

Thanks.
Lu-Yee, congrats on placing second in level 1! Be sure to check the highest rankings on the forum:

http://www.faithwriters.com/Boards/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=419252#419252