The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 860 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
02/18/10
A great story. I think you could need a little help with punctuation, but all in all, I enjoyed it very much.
02/20/10
I love your phrase, "the ol' Guardian, self appointed of the field." This is a great account of how God uses even our animals for His Providence in our lives. Your story is excellent on many levels.
02/20/10
I'm a sucker for animal stories and I loved Trigger. Animals are so much more than we give them credit for and thank you for giving Trigger his due.
02/20/10
Great story, it made me cry. If you could get someone to help you clean up the technical part of the writing it would be even better.
02/22/10
Your story made a lasting impression. I was reading Psalm 91 this morning and thought of Guardian and how he protected the new calf. Thanks again.
A very touching story. I loved the dialect you used. It seemed to fit perfectly. I look forward to reading more of your work. Good job.
02/25/10
Farming/ranching isn't always "glamorous" :) as you describe the mud here. I enjoyed your story of calf and adopted mother. Maybe Trigger will be one of the horses riden by the army of the Lord in Revelation 19:14.
02/25/10
Awww, poor Trigger! What a good horse, laying down his life for the little calf. I don't know as God sends back animals as guardian angels, but I liked the sweet story of the farmer's love for his horse. I liked his hillbilly accent too. "Dag nabbit!" ;)