The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 900 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
I hope that James doesn't have to go away to school! Thank you for this sweet story of homeschool in a foreign land.
03/12/09
Little does Dad know how much schooling Mum got into her children that day! Sweet and lovely telling of a day in the life of a homeschooled family far, far away.
Oh, my heart broke just a little for Mum. With how hard she obviously works, and the successes achieved, I felt sorry for her. Very good story telling.
03/13/09
Oh poor Mum! Maybe it should say in the preface to home school catalogues that requirement number one is a supportive husband!
True, books open up the world, but are second best when the world is outside your front door. Thanks for highlighting the up side of home schooling in a mission setting.
03/13/09
Hi really like your story - excellent writing - easy to read - Funny how dad always think mom is not doing right -
Great ending. Thanks
03/14/09
This tells of a true teacher, one who teaches beyond the pages of school books. The family pet is a great addition to the story.
03/26/09
Hi Dena. Just wanted to leave a quick note to let you know your entry, "Uncommon Lessons," actually did very well in the Africa Challenge. Although you didn't receive an award, you made it into the Highest Rankings for Level 1, placing 12th in that Level. Competition in Level 1 is always very intense, so well done.

If you'd like to check the highest rankings for yourself, you can find them here:
http://www.faithwriters.com/Boards/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=24825

The highest rankings are posted every Thursday evening on the Message Boards.

Again, well done. With love, Deb (Challenge Coordinator)