The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1258 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
03/13/08
A great little piece of writing! Dont stop. :)
A touching personal narrative. It's so wonderful when God gives us friends who touch our lives forever. :)
03/16/08
Oh! You've left me speechless. I loved this scene where she dressed up the mannequin. I can't believe she died, I feel like I knew her, too, now, after reading this. Good writing. You abruptly swept us into her death but that is the way death is, and yes, life is a vapor.
Laury
03/16/08
The two best friends having a crush on a church camp guy, brought back memories of my best friend and I crushing on neighboring youth group guys.The story changed so quickly that I had to think about how it fit the topic. I like your take on the topic. Thanks for the memories and message.
What a great story! My best friend and I have known each other for 34 years. The two of us have so much fun. We've laughed together and cried together. We LOVE having ice cream together when we go for a drive. Thank you for this story to help me remember how much I love my friend. Well written, I could see the two friends so clearly and hear their laughter.
03/18/08
Nice job. Great portrayal of the friendship between the girls and although for a topic like this, we often think of getting a job done, I like the way you reminded us to take advantage of relationships while we have the opportunity.
This story is nicely done.
The only suggestion I have is to place a break between leaving the ice cream shop and telling of Melissa's death, and before the Scripture verse. Were more words available, I'm sure there could be a way to lead in to Melissa's death less abruptly.
You have shown the topic well, and I loved the humor during the shopping trip.
02/24/09
Dawn, I'm going to feature this story in the Front Page Showcase for the week of March 30. Look for it on the FaithWriters home page, and congratulations!
04/29/09
Amazing! So complelty unexpeted; it threw me. I feel the emotion, and I love that the baby was named after her. I literally teared up. The manequin scene was for sure my favorite! Brought back so many memories... Awesome peice!
05/03/09
Ahhhh, perfectly bittersweet. Wonderful writing...