The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 4550 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Nice story. The ending was rushed. Give your ending more time.
06/02/05
Yes, I liked this too. You told it in a refreshing way, like you were really reliving the experience.
06/06/05
A lovely story. As one who only met one set of granparents once and can barely remember them I love to read stories that model a role for me - one day! Thanks for writing. It must have been a difficult yet beautiful experience for you.
This brings back memories of my grandma. She always remembered all twenty of her grandchildren's birthdays. My grandma went to heaven to join my grandpa two years ago.
06/10/05
Very touching story, and very well-written. I can relate because we buried my grandmother on my birthday in 2003.
02/27/06
Author's Note: My Grandma passed away on 6/16/2005, at 90 years young. I read "Birthdays Remembered" at her funeral service. As I read, I saw the rest of the family and friends nodding their heads, remembering all the birthday cards she sent them, too. It was a day of songs, memories and love and the knowledge that she's now in heaven.
05/28/06
Well done, Sis! Right from the heart! Congrats and much Thanks, even more so now!
Browsing again. Wonderful, touching story. Good writing for a beginning challenge.
08/19/12
I also forgot to mention that one of my cousins had a baby on the day Grandma died and then her funeral was on our daughter's birthday that she shares with that same cousin, 6/18.