The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1185 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
09/01/07
Oh, this was great. I especially loved the title.

The last stanza didn't fit the rhythm as well as the rest of the stanzas.

I loved the structure of this, and how the last lines formed a "life long" prayer. Great job.
09/02/07
A very nice poem. It reads easily and flows wonderfully. The meter is good.

Fantastic job.
09/03/07
Loved the title. Hope you meant "altar" in the first verse. Melodic meter, very easy to read. Welcome to the puppy pen.
09/03/07
I liked it. Especially the title too!
09/04/07
Every time I read one of your poems I get misty eyed-especially the ones about the growing up years of children! You have a way with the mom's heart; you're able to put into words what so many moms feel about their children!
09/05/07
Very nice. A couple of small things, already mentioned by others, but none of which distract from the beauty of this piece.

I loved this stanza. . .
"A special Sunday night in class,
She accepts salvation now at last,
Thank you God for making her your own."
It should be every parent's hope. Tragically that isn't always the case.
Enjoyed watching your daughter grow up. Just on thing, "alter" used this way should be "altar". But no matter what you call it, keep kneeling there.
Julie, This is my favorite of yours so far. I can so identify having been fearful and having prayed for a son and daughter. Now I'm praying for my grandchildren, too. You did a great job with this.