The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1255 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
08/09/07
Your poem said a lot:"Things that hurt cannot be changed" but through prayer things are changed--if only the hearts of those who hurt. Good luck with your writing!
08/14/07
Wonderful title, a poem that demands several reads because of its rich layering. Very good!
Ah, the words of a mother. Nothing angers us more than when our children are hurt and we can do nothing about it. You expressed it very well and eventually walk through to the conclusion that Jesus will take it and there is hope. Powerful.
08/14/07
The pain and anger are very well described in your poem. Good job of getting the emotions into your writing.
08/14/07
Mom,

I loved this poem! I cried, yes I finally read it and I'm sorry it took me so long.

Love Your Daughter,
Jennifer
08/14/07
Excellent message and delivery. I could feel the emotion so vividly.
The mother's anguish is so vivid. The raw emotions gave me chills. I was please to read a happier ending.
Very real. The emotions are vividly expressed. I wanted to know more. Good job.
wonderfully communicated
It flowed well too
Great depth and emotion is displayed here and it is genuinely tangible. I loved the line, "Evil will not prevail in me, I have a secret shield,
It’s placed within my troubled mind, a baby smile revealed" It contains so much hope. Wonderful job!
You did a wonderful job of showing the anger a mother has for hurts for her daughter.
09/04/07
Your poem made me need kleenex, too! I have a 17 year old son, Coty, who struggles so much, and seeing him travel mountains high and valleys so low because of Satan pulling him and confusing him breaks my heart. Our ONLY hope is in Jesus, who goes out into those stormy, windy nights to walk right beside them, because we can't. He'll bring them home! Thank you for your beautiful, heart-felt work. It really touched me!