The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1058 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
This is a beautiful testimony! When I read it I wanted to know more about Ashley and her family.
03/07/06
I agree, a beautiful testimony, leaving me wanting to know more about Ashley & her parents. I am so glad that God gave her the insight to stand before her church & say that to them and to her parents. I'm sure it is very helpful for her parents to have that memory. Thank you so much for sharing.
03/10/06
Out of the mouths of babes. I could almost see Ashley standing there and proclaiming her love for God. Nicely done.
Tried leaving a comment last night, but did something wrong and lost it. I just want to thank you for this tribute to a brave girl. I am surprised there aren't more comments.

The second paragraph could actually be divided into four paragraphs of varying lengths (one or two sentences each). I would leave the main body of Ashley's address to the congregation, however, as one paragraph: from 'She continued on, “I have heard you all talk about God...' to '...but I am here to tell you, that I know God!”'

The sentence "Ashley passed away on February 5, 2006." is effective as a stand-alone paragraph.

The sentence "Ashley lived her life making the best out of every moment." should be supported by one or two examples. Did she spend the remainder of her life praying for the lost that she mentioned in her address to the congregation? Did she smile most of the time despite the pain?

Your article makes me wish I knew Ashley. She sounded like a wise-beyond-her-years girl. Thank you for sharing her story.