The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 410 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
10/23/15
I think many can relate to this account. When our lives are in chaos, we wait for Him to resolve it. Some of us get impatient. This story reminds us to trust fully in Him
10/26/15
Quite a mental journey for your MC. Adding blank lines between paragraphs would make this so much easier to read. I can relate to some of the retirement plight.

Noticed comma errors. Encourage you to check out Jan's Writing Basics on the Forum. The lessons are quite helpful.

Keep writing.
10/26/15
First of all,more white space please. A few technical items which may be typos.
Para. 1 WERE snuggling moments Para 3 trying desperately TO and also daughter's (possessive) and 3 PLANE not plain
It was interesting though to share in someone's doubts and struggles
Good thoughts about trusting in God's way no matter where it turned.

Many retiring on Social Security need to read this and develop a trust and acceptance in God's way.

Good writing. Spell checker was correct but airplane is plane instead of plain.
10/27/15
I really enjoyed your entry here. It kept me engaged. There's something so cleansing in writing about our thoughts, meditations and experiences. The greatest thing about your entry for me. Was that your words produced a "mental movie" in my mind. Your words allowed me to share your experience. I could see the vistas, the body language, and even hear the tone of the voices in the various character's dialogue. I've taught for years that communication is: 60% body language - 30% tone of voice - and 10% the words we choose to use. But the ability to use that 10%, to create the remaining 90% in the reader's mind, is a gift. Writing is drawing a picture with an invisible pencil, on the paqes of someone elses mind. I've dabbled with adapting a book to a Drama, to illustrate a story, for Church Stage. The sample of your writing here, would be a Director's dream to adapt. Please keep writing. The Kingdom of God needs to "take back" the mountain of Arts & Entertainment from the influence of the enemy of mankind's souls.....
10/27/15
I'm sixty-three too and relate to so much of what you have written. You conveyed it wonderfully.

Just pay attention to what those before me have said. Utilize that word spell and grammar check and the preview button.

Still, I "felt" you 100%. Great job!
I understand your plight, for I too am going through the very same transition. Trusting God is the only way to go. When the enemy try to battle your mind creating doubts and fear: remember to battle him back using the words of the Lord, this will shut him down fast. It was a bit difficult to read because the paragraphs needed to be separated a bit more.
God bless, and all the best to you.