The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 421 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
03/05/15
I enjoyed your analogy in this introspective piece.

Well done.

God bless~
Yes, it takes faith to believe that God will forgive our sins when we repent and are baptized like Peter preached on the day of Pentecost. It also takes faith to believe we are given the Holy Spirit when we have obeyed.

Our hope of heaven also comes by faith because of what we read in God's word.

Do keep writing about your life's experiences and how it relates to faith.
03/08/15
This short article has lots of potential to become a longer, even more intriguing memoir of your coming to Christ and the outworking of faith in your life. Keep writing...
This is a great message. It shows how God loves us and watches over us even when we are unaware. I wish you'd shared more of your story. I was curious about some of the adventures you had before money ran out. I'd also love to see more dialog. For example: Inside I fumed. How can he be so calm? We are totally alone. Some crazy person could come after us if we have to sleep on the streets. I wish I'd never agreed to this so-called adventure.
I realize I took some liberties, but I wanted to show you how using thoughts can propel the story onward while creating a picture for your reader. I liked your Bible verse and your message. It makes me stop and reflect on all the times God answered my prayers before I even prayed. He's pretty wonderful that way.

Check out Jan's Writing Basics on the message boards. She has wonderful tips for all levels and all kinds of writers.