The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 623 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
10/30/14
Well written, and well done.


God bless~
10/31/14
There was strong sense of intensity in your story, and your descriptions were excellent! Seeing this well-known biblical account from the fresh perspective of the dead girl's best friend was intriguing. Good job!
11/01/14
Thanks for sharing your creative rendition of a well-known Bible story. I enjoyed painting a picture in my mind as I followed the descriptive prose.
You do a nice job of creating the conflict right out of the box. I can feel the pain of the MC. You did a nice job on that.

Strictly on a technical note, I'm not sure you hit the genre. Though you had some suspense in it, I knew by the end of the first paragraph that it was the familiar Bible story. Technically, I think I would classify the genre as Biblical fiction or historical fiction.

I do think it is well-written. Your transitions are smooth and the ending was great. I could see this being published as a Bible story, perhaps even as a Ya Sunday School lesson. You did a nice job overall.
11/06/14
Congratulations!

God bless~
Congratulations on ranking 2nd in your level and 14 overall! The highest rankings can be found on the message boards.
11/07/14
Congratulations on 2nd place! As mentioned I loved what you did with this great story. Many blessings as you continue to glorify God with your writing.