The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 566 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
09/04/14
Great job with the topic. Well done in content, delivery and purpose. I thought this a fine piece of writing.

God bless~
I like the characters you have created and the warm tone of this story. Well done.
I liked the added information about how people are matched together with different personalities and abilities. God's ways are so good but we don't always recognize them or understand why.
That was excellent! I loved the way you wrote about the "cup and saucer" (Grandma and Grandpa) complementing each other.

I might suggest a couple of little red inks. For example, the paragraph that goes "I sat my cup back on the saucer and looked up at Grandma. "Why does a cup have a saucer," I asked. "Well that's an easy question," she said. "The saucer protects the surface beneath a cup when it is holding something hot and it also catches any spills"." It might work better with the characters' dialogue divided, such as:

"I sat my cup back on the saucer and looked up at Grandma. "Why does a cup have a saucer," I asked.

"Well that's an easy question," she said. "The saucer protects the surface beneath a cup when it is holding something hot and it also catches any spills"."

But that is just a little point. Your descriptions made me chuckle throughout! "We laughed at the brown mustaches beneath our noses", "Grandpa was kicked back in his large black recliner, snoring rather loudly"...the imagery just came alive for me!

Great job!
09/11/14
Congrats on your HR. Well done.