The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 638 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
08/04/11
Interesting story. Is it true? It could be. The scripture in Revelation was a bit confusing I think because I was left to guess what the characters were really talking about? Also, I would look at reformatting the paragraphs.
It can be difficult to get those in authority to listen when all the statistics seem to illustrate the opposite.
The real truth is as you state in the story, that all the work of our hands 'will fall to the ground,' unless it is God centred.
We need to hear God's voice on an ongoing basis otherwise our labour becomes 'much ado about nothing.'

You make the point effectively. I do think however, that you should break the story into paragraphs. As it stands, it may turn readers off.
08/07/11
This is well done. I, too, wonder if it's a true account; either way, I know there would be many who have taken such a stand, and I'd like to congratulate them for that. It would be hard for the Pastor to hear this message, and take a great deal of humility to accept it and search God's heart.
This is a nice story, it flowed well.

You do need to work a but on the mechanics (spacing, punctuation etc.) but the message is a good one. I'd also suggest you quote the verse your you were referencing to help the reader really understand the MC's main point

Nice job keeping on the topic. Keep writing.