The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1196 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
05/19/11
Oh how I would love to hear more graduation speaches like this. There is truly no other purpose for mankind than to know where they will spend eternity.
Great story, if only. Even if it was given in a Christian school setting. It sets the heart to dreaming. The characters opening list of truths about himself would set any group of young people on the edge of their seats. It started slow, no 'hook' but then it took off for the stars.
05/21/11
I am glad he told the whole story. Unfortunately, most high school and college speeches are censored as to content.
Hope it was true, more speeches need to be real.
05/23/11
great story,it would fit well in Outrageous,outlandish, outspoken, out of the blue,
very clever.... i would love to know how the MC went from dropout to preacher and author.

05/26/11
well done ennis on 2nd place :-)
Congratulations on winning 2nd place. This was well done.
05/26/11
Congratulations on your 2nd place entry. I think there were a lot of strong competitors in the beginner category this last week.
05/26/11
Simply yet profoundly well done!
05/27/11
Congratulations with winning 2nd place with this timely piece for graduation. Loved the courage of the MC for improvising at the last minute. God was certainly at work in his heart--and a young boy's life was changed--that's how God works--and it is good!